What you can do if you think someone might be considering Suicide:
- Watch for warning signs: depression and hopelessness, substance abuse, giving away possessions, dramatic mood changes, intense anger.
Question: "Are you thinking about suicide?" "How would you do it?" "When would you do it?"
- This allows your friend to ask for help and talk openly about their feelings
- These questions help you to know what you need to do to get them help
- Persuade: Talk with your friend about getting help. Keep the conversation positive.
- Report: 911, SafeUT, school counselor
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Suicide Prevention 101 Library