Dugway Schools

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle

Paying For College

ATTENTION Class of 2020:
If your financial situation has been affected by Covid19, click HERE for FAFSA information.  Click HERE for Spanish version.
  • The FAFSA determines your eligibility for federal financial aid—grants, work-study, and student loans—as well as aid from the State of Utah (like the Regents’ Scholarship) and your college.
  • Everyone should submit, even if you think you make too much money to qualify for financial aid. You never know what you’ll be awarded unless you apply.
  • It’s best to submit the FAFSA the same time you apply to college in the fall of your senior year. The FAFSA application opens October 1 of your 12th-grade year. You can complete the application at any point in your senior year, but for the following school year, you should apply as soon as you can. However, you can still submit your FAFSA later than that if needed. Check the priority deadline at the colleges you’re applying to so you know when you should complete the FAFSA. Remember: You need to resubmit the FAFSA every year you’re in college.
  • Submit the FAFSA at fafsa.gov or use the official myStudentAid mobile app from Federal Student Aid. Never use any other website to file. If you need help submitting your FAFSA, ask your college access advisor, attend a FAFSA Completion Open House at UtahFutures.org, or watch the FAFSA Walk-Through video on this page on the right.
What Do I Need To File the FAFSA? 
Click Here
DIY FAFSA Kit for Students and Families
Click Here
Ways To Pay For College
Scholarships: Scholarships are financial awards based on merit. Different awards require different criteria. Visit this scholarship page for current scholarship opportunities and to access the scholarship websites for Utah colleges.
Grants:  Grants are given by the government and do not need to be repaid. Grants are based on financial need. You must submit your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) in order to receive grants.  If you're curious about whether or not you will qualify, try the FAFSA4caster.  Click on the links on this page for FAFSA tutorials.
Loans: Low-interest student loans are available through the government based on FAFSA. Student loans must be repaid.
Work-Study: Work-Study is the 3rd financial assistance option determined by FAFSA. Qualified students will receive the opportunity to work on-campus to help off-set the cost of attendance.  Eligibility for work-study does not guarantee a job, as all employment opportunities vary.
SLCC Promise:  If you qualify for a grant, SLCC will make up the difference in tuition cost resulting in a full-ride. 
Dream Weber: The Dream Weber program provides free tuition and general student fees to students whose annual household income is $40,000 or less. 
GI Bill: If a parent served in the military, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the GI Bill.
Click on the picture links below for more information:
Fin Aid